103 North Necaise Avenue (OT-512) -- c. 1975-1985 - Ranch - One-story, four-bay-wide Ranch house with a hip roof, brick cladding, and a concrete slab foundation. The right two bays advance, forming a shallow wing.
301 North Necaise Avenue (OT-513) -- 1925 - Vernacular Bungalow/Gable-Front - One-story, frame, three-bay-wide (w-d-w), vernacular gable-front Bungalow with an inset partial porch supported by replacement wood columns and balustrade, located on the right two bays. The residence has a new concrete block pier foundation, vinyl siding, 1/1 vinyl double-hung windows with faux mullions, and an asphalt shingle roof.
305 North Necaise Avenue (OT-514) -- 1960 - Ranch - One-story, frame, 6-bay-wide (w-w-w-w-d-w), Ranch house with a side-gable roof and a partial-width gable porch that extends across the fourth and fifth bays. The house sits on a pier foundation, has wood novelty siding, single and paired 1/1 aluminum double-hung windows, and a pressed metal roof. Decorative brackets and working wood shutters are recent additions.
107 South Necaise Avenue (OT-515) -- 1924-1930 - Bungalow/Gable-Front - One-story, frame, three-bay-wide (w-d-w) vernacular gable-front Bungalow with full-width inset porch that has replacement decorative ironwork supports. The house is clad with novelty siding, and the roof is sheathed in asphalt shingles. The building rests on concrete block piers. Windows are paired 2/2 aluminum double-hung windows.
109 South Necaise Avenue (OT-516) -- 1945-1955 - Bungalow/Gable-Front - One-story, frame, three-bay-wide (d-w-w), vernacular Gable-front Bungalow that has a full-width gable porch with square wood supports. Most of the windows are wood 6/6 double-hung-sash windows. There is a large picture window with sidelights on the second bay on the gable-front façade. The house has wood novelty siding, exposed rafters, and a corrugated metal roof.
110 South Necaise Avenue (OT-517) -- 1952 - Colonial Revival -
Edmond Fahey Funeral Home- 1.5-story, gable-front, three-bay-wide (w-d-w) funeral home that has a full-width inset porch with arched openings and brick supports and a Palladian window in the gable end. The central entrance has a transom and sidelights; it is flanked by large picture windows. The building sits on a concrete slab foundation, is clad in vinyl, and has an asphalt shingle roof. A porte-cochere is on the left side. The building was built as a funeral home, but was used by the family as their primary residence for awhile. It is currently an operating funeral home, as intended.
111 South Necaise Avenue (OT-518) -- 1945-1955 - No Style - One-story, front-gable, concrete block/frame, brick-veneered building. The gable façade is dominated by a wooden bay door, and a door is on the left side. The building has lost its integrity and is a non-contributing building in the district.
201 South Necaise Avenue (OT-519) -- 1900-1910 - No Style - 1.5-story, side-gable, early twentieth century commercial structure converted for residential use. The original wraparound porch has been enclosed on the original primary elevation and only remains as a partial-width shed porch on what is now a side elevation. The building is clad in vinyl, and the roof is clad in pressed metal. Windows are 1/1 vinyl with faux muntins to replicate 6/6 double-hung windows. The building has lost its integrity and is a non-contributing building in the district.
202 South Necaise Avenue (OT-520) -- 1924-1930 - Craftsman Bungalow/Gable-Front - One-story, frame, two-bay-wide (w-d) gable-front Craftsman Bungalow with a partial-width gable porch on the right entry bay. The porch is supported by square wood columns on brick pedestals; brackets are a recent addition. Windows are replacement paired and single 6/6 aluminum double-hung-sash. Craftsman details include exposed rafters (now partially covered), knee brackets, and decorative beams. The dwelling sits on brick piers, is clad in aluminum siding, and has an asbestos shingle roof.
207 South Necaise Avenue (OT-521) -- c. 1890-1900 - Vernacular Biloxi Cottage - One-story, frame, four-bay-wide (w-d-d-w) vernacular Biloxi Cottage that has a gable-on-hip roof and a full-width inset front porch with replacement supports and brackets. The second and third bays are original doors with transoms; the doors are flanked by 6/6 wood double-hung-sash windows with transoms. The front gable end has decorative shingles and a six-light rectangular window. The side windows have been replaced with 1/1 vinyl double-hung windows with faux muntins to replicate 6/6 and 9/6 windows. The building is clad with clapboard on the primary façade and Hardy Plank on the sides.
208 South Necaise Avenue (OT-522) -- 1924-1930 - Craftsman Bungalow/Gable-Front - One-story, frame, three-bay-wide (w-d-w), gable-front Craftsman Bungalow with full-width inset front porch supported by square wood columns on brick pedestals. The center bay entrance is a Craftsman three vertical-light paneled wood door that is flanked by paired 4/2 wood double-hung-sash windows. A 12-light window with 2-light transom is in the gable end; decorative wood work accents the gable peak. The house is clad in aluminum siding, and the roof is clad in pressed metal. The building rests on brick foundation piers.
210 South Necaise Avenue (OT-523) -- 1924-1930 - Bungalow/Gable-Front - One-story, frame, vernacular gable-front Bungalow with a full-width gable front porch. The building is clad in novelty siding, and the roof is clad in asphalt shingles. The house has replacement 2/2 aluminum double-hung windows. The original porch supports and balustrade have been replaced with ironwork.
212 South Necaise Avenue (OT-524) -- 1930-1944 - No Style - Early twentieth century commercial building with an attached residence in the rear. The one-story commercial portion (front) of the building is concrete block and the gable-front roof is clad in metal. The two-story dwelling section is frame construction, clad in composite wood, and the side-gable roof is clad with asphalt shingles. The foundation is continuous concrete. The windows are replacement 6/6 aluminum double-hung windows.
301 South Necaise Avenue (OT-525) -- 1920-1930 - Craftsman Vern. Bungalow - One-story, frame, three-bay-wide (w-d-w), gable-front Craftsman Vernacular Bungalow with full-width inset porch supported by tapered columns on square stucco-clad pedestals. A diamond-shaped louvered vent is in the center gable. The entrance is offset right and is flanked by paired 6/6 double-hung windows. It is sided in asbestos shingles, and the exposed rafters have been partially enclosed.
302 South Necaise Avenue (OT-526) -- 1926 - Eclectic -
St. Rose de Lima Roman Catholic Church- One-story, frame, three-bay-wide (w-d-w) Catholic church with a prominent square bell tower with tiered hip roof modillions, a round-arched window on the second tier, and arcading louvered vents on the third tier. The entrance portico is flanked by arched stained glass windows. The building is seven-bays deep with side windows identical to the round-arched, three-part, art glass windows on the primary gable façade. A side-gabled transept intersects with the main front-gable roof. A small, bayed apse extends from the rear. The cladding on this building includes stucco, vinyl, and asbestos siding. St. Mary's Cemetery is located to the left side of the building.
304 South Necaise Avenue (OT-533) -- c. 1860/1872 - Cemetery -
St. Mary's Cemetery- The earliest marker in St. Mary's Cemetery dates to the 1860s. Since its consecration, approximately 1,400 individuals have been laid to rest within its boundaries. Burials face east and radiate north and south from a central east-west road. The markers are constructed of marble, granite, concrete, and bronze. Their types include mausoleums, box tombs, headstones, and plaques. The cemetery was formally opened on December 22, 1872 by Father Henry LeDuc, pastor of Our Lady of the Gulf Catholic Church.
307 South Necaise Avenue (OT-527) -- 1955-1959 - No Style -
St. Rose de Lima School- One-story, brick and concrete clad, school building with an inset entry porch. The roof is flat. The building rests on a concrete slab foundation. All of the original aluminum windows remain.
311 South Necaise Avenue (OT-528) -- 2006 - Neo-Eclectic -
St. Rose Parish Center- One-story, Neo-Eclectic building with an inset partial porch that extends across the main façade between the left and right advancing wings. The building is clad in composite wood, and the roof is clad in standing seam metal. Other features are bracketed hip roofs over the front and interior, left and right bays on the wings, and a clerestory.
313 South Necaise Avenue (OT-529) -- c. 1985-1995 - Ranch - One-story, brick-clad, Ranch house with a hip roof and a partial hip porch. The original carport or garage, which is located on the right bay, has been enclosed.
315 South Necaise Avenue (OT-530) -- 1985-1995 - Ranch - One-story, brick and vinyl clad, five-bay-wide (w-w-d-w-w), Ranch house with a hip roof. An inset porch covers the door and the paired double-hung-sash vinyl window on the third and fourth bays. Other windows are single and paired 1/1 vinyl double-hung windows with faux muntins to replicate 6/6 sash windows. The original carport or garage on the right bay has been enclosed and is clad in vinyl siding.
401 South Necaise Avenue (OT-531) -- 1915-1924 - Vernacular Shotgun - One-story, frame, vernacular Shotgun house with a front-gable roof and a large side-gable addition. The original inset full-width porch has been enclosed. The building has exposed rafters and a variety of window types, including single and paired 6/6 wood double-hung, six-light casement, and 1/1 vinyl double-hung windows. The building rests on concrete block foundation piers, is clad with clapboard, and has an asphalt shingle roof.
415 South Necaise Avenue (OT-532) -- 1950 - No Style -
Bay Artists Co-op- One-story, rhombus plan, mid-twentieth century building that rests on a concrete slab foundation, is enclosed with concrete blocks, and sheltered by a gable roof sheathed with pressed metal panels. Character defining features include cargo entry doorways on three elevations, 2/1 double-hung wood-sash windows, 12/8 doublehung aluminum sash windows, and stuccoing on the gable ends. A full-width addition extends across the rear (east) elevation.